[mythtv-users] One step forward, two steps back - Frontends not woring properly

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon May 2 01:22:25 UTC 2016

On 02/05/16 01:29, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 05/01/2016 06:42 PM, Damian wrote:
>>
>> So, does anyone have any more tips?
>
> Sure, stop the frontend, restart it from the command line like this:
>
>      mythfrontend --logpath /tmp --quiet
>
> Go the the screen that's failing, then exit the frontend as you
> normally would.
>
> Pastebin the log found in /tmp. Folks here can see if anything
> sticks out.
>
> (oops, and put the link to the pastebin here)

After that, could you post the result of:

mythfrontend -v database | grep Took | head -10

The database queries should only take 1ms but I had a frontend that was
taking 200ms per query. But that one was so slow to start it couldn't
even initialise the screen.

BTW. After modifying the MySQL config files I presume you have been
restarting MySQL

systemctl restart mysql.service
or
sudo service mysql restart