[mythtv-users] Tracking down encrypted channel

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 2 00:10:36 UTC 2016

On Sun, 1 May 2016 21:23:39 +0200, you wrote:

>mythbackend.log has messages like:
>
>N DVBRead recorders/dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:367 (HandlePMT)
>DTVSigMon[5](/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0): PMT says program 8201 is
>encrypted
>
>How can I relate this program 8201 back to a channel number to hide it?
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff

I believe those numbers are the serviceid values from the channel
table.  So if you are OK with using SQL on your database, this query
should tell you what channel:

select chanid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid,sourceid,mplexid,serviceid
from channel where serviceid=8201;

If there is more than one channel with the same serviceid, you would
need to work out what sourceid your /dev/dvb/adapter2 tuner is
associated with.  In 0.27 and before, this query should do that:

select distinct sourceid,videodevice from capturecard cc inner join
cardinput ci on cc.cardid=ci.cardid where
videodevice='/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0';