[mythtv-users] DVB-S and DVB-C cards and priority

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Thu Mar 31 14:03:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:25:34PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>I want MythTV to use the DVB-S tuners if available and if not fall back
>>to the DVB-C tuners (or if more than two tuners are needed).
>Go into mythtv-setup and change both the Live TV and Schedule Order of
>the "to be offlined" inputs to 0, telling MythTV not to use them for
>Live TV/recordings.  When they can be used, just change their order to
>some appropriate positive value, where the lowest valued (first in
>order) inputs will be used first and higher valued (later in order)
>inputs will be used only when earlier-ordered inputs are in used.

Thanks for your help (and to all others with their ideas)!
Everything works as wished.

But I have a question for the future when the DVB-S tuners are active
again. I noted that the EPG data is not the same for DVB-S and DVB-C.
So what will happen if I have a power rule (e.g. to record Snooker on
Eurosport 1)? Will MythTV record the version from DVB-S and DVB-C at the
same time because it may not detect that both are the same event?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |