[mythtv-users] HD PVR 2 and mythtv

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Thu Mar 31 13:54:07 UTC 2016

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 15:30 CEST, John McEntee <jmcentee9 at gmail.com> wrote:
   On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

On March 31, 2016 2:06:07 PM GMT+02:00, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

>And at (something near) $1000/unit, it is not
>likely to be of interest to many, and if there
>were many willing to commit to that level,

Yeah that kinda kills a home application. Are you saying these do not support HDCP? This one is £180 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edision-HDMI-Modulator-Full-Distribution-Black/dp/B00KBXKJ2A and this thread https://www.avforums.com/threads/edision-modulator.1963912/  a guys mentions the HDCP does not need to be removed for it to work.
Getting a bit off-topic here, but I have one of these lying around. Unfortunately only the one. Would be a great space saver if it would work ;).

- Compatible with Windows® XP, Windows® 7 and Linux
- Equipped with two HDMI input ports
- Encoding or decoding up to 1080p HD video
- Pass through for transmitting uncompressed video up to 1080p resolution
- Captures or records HD vid