[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend SetupTutorial

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:36:49 UTC 2016

-------- Original message --------From: Curtis Gedak <gedakc at gmail.com> Date: 30/03/2016  2:10 am  (GMT+09:30) To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend SetupTutorial

On 16-03-28 03:16 PM, Andrew Potter wrote:

>        Continued through the tutorial and now it is starting up with the

> country questions, I did modify the start up routine though to not

> wait for the network.

Mythfrontend will prompt for the country questions when it is unable to

contact mythbackend.  This can occur if mythbackend is powered off, or

if some other reason blocks contact, such as networking not being available.

Curtis

To test, instead of answering the country question just wait 5 sec and cancel the two screens. If it 'just works' after cancelling and restarting the FE then very good chance it just came up too quick before the network was ready / BE was ready.