[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend SetupTutorial

Andrew Potter drewey at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 28 21:16:03 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Discussion about MythTV"
To:"Discussion about MythTV"
Sent:Fri, 25 Mar 2016 20:42:52 +1100
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup
Tutorial

 On 25/03/16 04:40, Andrew Potter wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Have followed the tutorial to get the myth-tv frontend onto a RPI3
 >
 > All seems to go well until I run
 >
 > QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb
 > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/mythtv-rpi/lib
 > QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/mythtv-rpi/plugins
 > ~/mythtv-rpi/bin/mythfrontend -w -geometry 1920x1080 -p
 >
 > In response I get
 > QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
 > Aborted
 >
 > I am using mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2
 >
 > And 2016-02-26-raspbian-jessie.zip
 >
 > I can see the command line on the screen. I get the same results
whether
 > issued via ssh or directly with a keyboard on the pi itself.
 >

 > Thanks for any help given and thanks for creating the tutorial.
 >
 > Andrew Potter

 You need to have X running i.e. boot to GUI when using xcb (XCB ("X C

 Binding") is an low-level API for the X window server).

 From the console prompt you can type startx (this will start the X
GUI)
 and then run the mythfrontend command from a terminal within the GUI.

 Mike

	Sorry for the late reply.

	 This seemed to work for me, though, obviously did not work via ssh
though.

	 Still not sure what part of the process I missed!

	Continued through the tutorial and now it is starting up with the
country questions, I did modify the start up routine though to not
wait for the network.

	 Think I need to reintroduce that timer.

	 After reconfirming the country/language and then acceptingthe
folling general set up screens I get a blank screen. A bit of blind
keyboard pressing got the live tv working so I think the system is
running just not outputting to the display correctly.

	 Will try a few things.

	 Thanks for your help.

	 Andrew