[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:49:33 UTC 2016

On 16-03-28 11:39 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> One think to bear in mind, if you keep switching between QT and eglfs on
>> the same machine, bad things may happen. For example, under appearance,
>
> apparent-lee;-)
>
>> you should select QT when using xcbs, and select OpenGL when using eglfs.
>
> ah, missed that in curtis's writeup...oh, wait, it's not mentioned:-{

On the Raspberry Pi the  Paint engine should be left at *Qt* for both
EGLFS mode and XCB mode.

If I recall correctly, QT 5.4.0 does not support a full OpenGL on RPi.

>> Be sure in step 6 to choose OpenMAX Normal video playback profile
> instead of OpenMAX EGLFS.
>
> i don't see an eglfs profile...let me try deleting 2 c if both get
> regenned...

Only Peter's "OpenMAX Normal" video playback profile is automatically
created.  The "OpenMAX EGLFS" profile is created manually.

Curtis