[mythtv-users] Does search in YouTube supposed to work still?

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Mar 25 03:49:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 21:48 +0100, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> Den 2016-03-18 kl. 21:23, skrev HP-mini:
> > On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 13:56 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
> >>>>
> > <snip>
> >
> > Answer to your original question & subject..
> > The MythNetVision YouTube search does not work here (master).
>
> In what way?  Are there no search results or are the videos not playing?  If it is the latter you might not have the required gstreamer libraries like gstreamer1.0-libav and gstreamer1.0-plugins-good.

Search Internet Video" only works (here) for Dailymotion & Vimeo
No video playback from any.

"Browse internet video" can only playback from Youtube & Space but could
be sitemap are out of date.

RSS feeds from TedTalks works great because it is a download/play file.

> It works fine here, although I'm on b774341 which is a bit behind master.

Master here but problem could be PICNIC, was messing around with
mythnetvision python scripts.

> > The browse YouTube (& others) appears to work.
> > The TedTalks search query is out-dated, looks for flv video etc.
>
> TED has an API that we could probably use, at least if the registration for API keys wasn't disabled.
>
> > All of MythNetVision was predicated on flash plugin which is history.

And I meant "was".. I know someone (you ?) has been trying to revive it.

> HTML5 should be used for YouTube if all the gstreamer libraries are present.  Vimeo and Dailymotion have HTML5 players but I think we need to tweak the HTML on our side to make use of it.

I have & use those gstreamer libs & compile/use with a media renderer.