[mythtv-users] I need some myth keybindings help please

steve stevenospam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 03:10:28 UTC 2016

Hi,
I'm extremely new to myth.  So far I'm just (barely) able to use the keyboard doing it badly because I can never remember the keybindings.

I'd like to change the keys to be a bit more like kodi and mplayer.

For a couple simple remapping tests, I wanted to do things like:

- spacebar stops and starts the video
- \ : toggle from full screen to window mode (is this possible?)
- DELETE/BACKSPACE key duplicates what the ESC key does.
- B: Bookmark
- up arrow: skip 10 minutes ahead
- down arrow: skip 10 minutes back

But when I add spacebar to be the pause/play button and restart the FE, it just doesnt work, nothing happens.

When I tried to get Backspace function like the back button (same as ESC right now), I actually locked myself out and had to truncate the sql table.

Basically every time I try to change a few keys I somehow end up screwing up.  I've done it many times now and for some reason I never get it right and was getting very frustrated.

I'm sorry I can't actually explain better what I did.

The sections I think are most relevant are these, because I am not interested in the other sections at least at the moment.

Global
Main Menu
TV Frontend
TV Playback

I have a sense that maybe there is a concept of setcion scope, and that perhaps other sections were were overriding me?

Maybe there is some debugging I can turn on or look for in the logs to help me understand what I am doing wrong?

For starters, I'd like to get spacebar working, and then move on to some other keys

Thanks
Steve