[mythtv-users] does myth 'best practice' have me adding anything to cron?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Mar 23 09:21:01 UTC 2016

I was just wondering, instead of copying or moving
/etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database to cron.daily, would it be better to
link it (symbolic or hard) from weekly to daily? That way, if the
package manager updated the cron.weekly version, the daily version would
update too. Does cron work with symbolic links?

Similarly with the optimize script, would it be better to link to it
from cron.daily or cron.weekly rather than copy it from the contrib
folder, so that it would get updated?

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T