[mythtv-users] HD PVR and FreeBSD

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:04:13 UTC 2016

On 03/21/2016 11:25 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 21/03/16 16:17, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>> FWIW, the webcamd port (see
>> http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/webcamd/) might support your
>> tuner. If it does, problem solved.
>>

> webcamd seems to support v4l, but not v4l2 to the level we require
> it, so configure is currently disabling hd-pvr on freebsd. This was
> so that we could actually build 0.28 or later on freebsd10
>
> I would welcome additional patches to fix this. They would have to
> ensure that the v4l2 recorders are disabled but the v4l bits are not
> in order to get support for the hdpvr.
>

> Regards
> Stuart

How about following the second scenario by using a raspberry pi as
intermediate computer. I was thinking of  mounting the FreeBSD drive via
NFS to the Pi and hooking HD PVR to the Pi (Pi will act as a slave
backend). The FreeBSD machine will be the primary backend but will not
have any locally attached tuners.

Will that work?

Thanks,
Rajil