[mythtv-users] Record from Cisco DTA 271HD - how to tune to channel 3?

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 23:18:16 UTC 2016

Let me know if this makes sense
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Cisco_DTA_271HD
Thanks
Craig

      From: Craig Cook <cncook001 at yahoo.com>
 To: Timothy Krantz <tkrantz at stahurabrenner.com>; 'Discussion about MythTV' <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
 Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 8:15 AM
 Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Record from Cisco DTA 271HD - how to tune to channel 3?

After *many* hours of work I have something working.
I will write a mythtv wiki entry explaining what I did in the coming weeks. It was not easy.

The short version:  Using (Ubuntu 14.04) the USB IR toy, Hauppauge 1950, schedules direct catalog and the channel changing script on the mythtv wiki I can record from the coax output on my Cisco DTA 271HD.
I need to add detection to confirm the cable box was on when the recording started.  I've seen two examples on the mythtv wiki but have not had time to test them yet.
This started working 3 days ago so I also need to let it run for a while to see if anything fails.
Thanks
Craig