[mythtv-users] Kodi

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 16:29:09 UTC 2016

On 03/18/2016 10:22 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:

>     On a Raspberry Pi 2, Kodi does not do well with MPEG-TS files as
>     recorded by MythTV. Audio sync is poor and becomes terrible if you
>     use skip-forward or skip back. I don't know if that is an issue
>     with Kodi on other platforms. There is a bug log in Kodi for that.
>
>     Peter

> I will disagree I have code running on a pi 2 with kodi and a
> mythbackend and have no such issues, works fine and plays everything I
> throw at it.  The menus can be a little pokie and updating is slow but
> it works fine as a dvr at least for me. :)

Perhaps you are not recording MPEG-TS, or never use skip back or skip
forward (left arrow, right arrow). The author of the mythtv plugin
(janbar) acknowledges the bug and has pointed it out as a Kodi bug.

See bug logs below:
https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues/20
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16611

There is also a test file attached which demonstrates the problem.

Peter