[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.28 mythfilerecorder

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:34:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 5:43 PM HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-03-17 at 18:52 +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:32 PM HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz>
> > wrote:
> >
> >         On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 21:02 -0400, eric wrote:
> >         > Hey I am trying to setup a external recorder in mythtv 0.28
> >         and am
> >         > having some issues getting it setup
> >         > I have setup a new external recorder in mythtv-setup and
> >         added
> >         > /usr/bin/mythfilerecorder --infile test.mpg
> >         > as the recorder. I connect it to my no grab video source
> >         with a channel
> >         > changing command of "echo"
> >         >
> >         > When switching the source to the  external recorder in the
> >         frontend
> >         > causes nothing to happen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong
> >         here?
> >         >
> >         > This is the error in the log file
> >         > mythtv mythbackend: mythbackend[8069]: E CoreContext
> >         > recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:343 (SetChannelByString)
> >         > DTVChan[26](/usr/bin/mythfilerecorder --infile
> >         > /home/eric/pvr2/test.mpg): SetChannelByString(998): PID
> >         cache is empty
> >         >
> >         > I can provide the whole log file if it helps
> >         > regards
> >         > Eric
> >         >

> >         I would suspect it's possible that the file "test.mpg" is
> >         required to be
> >         mpeg transport stream.
> >         mediainfo or (myth)ffprobe the file to check.
> >

> > It does need to be a TS.  I am working on a new version which will
> > allow it to be a PS instead, but I have not had time to finish it.
> >

> > John

> H264 in PS -> TS:
> ffmpeg -i test.mpg -c:v copy -c:a copy -f mpegts -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb
> Videos/testmpg.ts
>
> John
> Is that a BE parser for H264 in PS (avcC) & does that then allow for
> seektables for H264 in mpeg PS & MKV containers ?

The ExternalRecorder mechanism currently handles the data just like it
would for any other TS data source such as DVB.  The new code will allow
the ExternalRecorder application to specify that it is a Program Stream
instead, and then it would be processed like any other PS, such as from a
V4L2 compatible encoder card.

Either way, the data is analyzed for keyframes and a seektable is created.

I have no plans on handling any containers other than straight TS or PS as
MythTV does not currently have any support for anything else.

Does that answer your question?

John