[mythtv-users] Install packages for Raspberry Pi Ubuntu Mate wily

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:29:43 UTC 2016

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 2:58 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have added install packages for both 0.27 and 0.28 pre-release for
> Raspberry Pi Ubuntu Mate wily
>
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases
>
> Ubuntu Mate uses a different audio setup. It runs pulse audio by
> default. If you are switching from Jessie to Ubuntu Mate you will have
> to change the audio setting. The wrong audio setting causes audio to
> fail and causes the frontend to hang.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Great work! I have this version running on my PI 3 and it runs much better than the one I tried before (Curtis’s Build ((No Offense intended)). Menus are much faster than the other build etc. However, I still have a couple of issues:

1. When Playing Mpeg2 1080i content, the screen shakes every second or 2 and the video appears to ever so slightly hiccup… I am sure this has something to do with Deinterlacing etc. as 720p Mpeg 2 content does not do this. I do have the Mpeg 2 license installed and functioning. (I should note, 1080i H.264 content appears better than mpeg2. It still might seem a bit jittery every once in a while, but I would consider it watchable where as the above makes 1080i Mpeg2 content unwatchable)

2. In the Recordings screen, with artwork enabled, sometimes the screen wont show the artwork until I move the selection cursor around.

In regards to #1, I thought I saw that someone switched their Pi to output at 1080I (Which I can do with the HDMI_Modes command) but the mythfrontend application must still be outputting the idea at 1080P as I see horrible combing in the video.. Can anyone share if they are outputting their PI at 1080i so their TV can do the deinterlacing?

greg