[mythtv-users] API Questions and WIKI Documentation

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:42:26 UTC 2016

While researching the mythtv api calls I came across this page:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/API_parameters_0.27

And on that page I see this:
Dvr/AddRecordSchedule              type: POST

When I click the link on DVR/ADDRecordSchedule it takes me to this page:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVR_Service#AddRecordSchedule

Which does not show that call in the API service list.

So I guess I am curious as to why that was left out, and if the API Call works and is there an example of the call somewhere? I would imagine since there are so many parameters with that call and that its a POST that I could pass a JSON object in the post call with all the info, but there is no documentation so I am not sure.

Can any devs shed some light?

Thanks!

Greg