[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.28 mythfilerecorder

eric bernhart2002 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 01:02:06 UTC 2016

Hey I am trying to setup a external recorder in mythtv 0.28 and am
having some issues getting it setup
I have setup a new external recorder in mythtv-setup and added
/usr/bin/mythfilerecorder --infile test.mpg
as the recorder. I connect it to my no grab video source with a channel
changing command of "echo"

When switching the source to the  external recorder in the frontend
causes nothing to happen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

This is the error in the log file
mythtv mythbackend: mythbackend[8069]: E CoreContext
recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:343 (SetChannelByString)
DTVChan[26](/usr/bin/mythfilerecorder --infile
/home/eric/pvr2/test.mpg): SetChannelByString(998): PID cache is empty

I can provide the whole log file if it helps
regards
Eric