[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:34:23 UTC 2016

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Greg Thompson <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to the work of Peter Bennett and Lawrence Rust I have been able
>> to combine their work to create a new build of MythTV for the Raspberry
>> Pi 2 or better.
>>
>> The build is available at:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iyhq6usqzalmg6/mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iyhq6usqzalmg6/mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2?dl=0>
>>
>> MD5SUM:
>> 43dd1a86a25e0dec74655f60df245635
>> mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2
>>
>> SHA1SUM:
>> 7f6d6960417a57c622afb4ded1950b1647f7f973
>> mythtv-v0.27.6-69-g41a2a8d-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2
>>
>> The key differences from Peter's excellent debian packages are:
>>
>> - Includes MythTV suite of plugins
>> - Enables EGLFS mode for rock-steady OSD with custom video
>> playback profile
>>
>> The key difference from Lawrence's pioneering tarballs are:
>>
>> - Includes Peter's RPi fixes and enhancements
>> - Built upon MythTV 0.27.6 instead of 0.27.5
>>

>> Installation of the new tarball is described in the updated MythFrontend
>> Setup Tutorial. See:
>>
>> Setting Up an Inexpensive Raspberry Pi 2 as a Cheap Frontend to MythTV
>> with MythFrontend
>> http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend <http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend>
>>
>> Curtis

Ok, Got my Pi3 today and I am happy to say that performance is better. However, I do see one issue and it is hard to describe. When the Pi3 running Jessie boots to the Window environment the screen looks great and is not moving. When I run mythfrontend that Curtis built, the screen ever so slightly bounces. Its not just the video either.. The OSD, everything seems to slightly move every 3-4 seconds.

Any Ideas?

Anyone else see this?

Greg