[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:32:16 UTC 2016

On 16-03-15 11:21 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> Curtis Gedak wrote:
>> If I recall you have a LCD screen with 4K resolution.
>

> sure thing, curtis...my vizio reports its prefered mode is CEA/16:
>   (prefer) mode 16: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:148MHz progressive
> and the closest it has to 1360x768 is DMT/85:
>            mode 85: 1280x720 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive

Thank you testing mode 85.  I also experienced display problems with
1280x720 resolutions.

What I am asking is for you to test mode 39 (1360x768 60 Hz).

This mode was not listed as supported on my screens.  In fact my
1680x1050 22" monitor is 16:10 ratio, not 16:9, but it worked well with
mode 39.

> i commented out all the overscan params ( which puts the x desktop too
> big, with the menubar offscreen, so i have to start peter's x f-e from
> the c/l; and while the video is correctly located, it is way
> overscanned, as is the gui.
> see test-pb.log

'Glad you mentioned this.  I also have all overscan parameters commented
out.

Curtis