[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:21:31 UTC 2016

On 16-03-14 07:39 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> sound only works, when using openmax:hdmi, by setting dolby digital on,
> and then only on certain channels
>
> setting audio to alsa:sysdefault requires turning d.d. off, but still
> suffers occasional dropouts
>
> and the video is still offset up&left (desktop shows thru on bottom &
> right )

VIDEO ISSUE

To get proper GUI display and recordings playback, look-up your monitor
resolution.  Then make sure that the /boot/config.txt video settings
match the monitor resolution and frequency (Hz).

Next make sure that the *Setup -> Appearance* settings for *GUI width
(pixels)* and *GUI height (pixels)* match these values.

I added an example to the tutorial.  See:

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend#vdebps

AUDIO ISSUE

Is the volume set to maximum?

You can check by running:

   alsamixer

Does audio work correctly from the command line?

You can test with:

   speaker-test -c2 -twav

If sound is working correctly you should hear the following words:

   front left ... front right ... front left ....

Use *Ctrl+C* to break out of speaker-test.

Curtis