[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:53:58 UTC 2016

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 3:42 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> On 03/14/2016 02:47 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:
>> If I set OpenMax with OpenGL2 as the OSD Renderer, I get lots of Hiccups and pauses with no OSD. With an OSD on the screen its much worse.
>>
>> Also…
>>
>> I appreciate all the work, but the menus are still really slow to move around in.. Is this something that will always be a limitation on the Pi 2?
>>
> I have not tried that opengl build, but with the package I created, I have not seen any slowness in the menus, and the video is smooth without OSD and only hiccups if there is an OSD that covers 50% or more of the screen.

Using the Build and install method posted by Craig…. my Pi is overclocked to 1000, 500, 500 with GPU_MEM=320

Moving around in the menus seem sluggish at best.. Using the Mythbuntu theme. Anything with Artwork in the recorded area is very sluggish and often times renders weird until I go out and go back in.

Peter, I might switch to your build tonight to see if there is a difference.

Thanks!

Greg