[mythtv-users] New Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:37:04 UTC 2016

> On Mar 12, 2016, at 4:02 PM, Tim Stowell <stowellt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

> So you aren't noticing any field syncing issues when outputting 1080i
> directly and letting the TV do the deinterlacing? I had read about
> issues with omxplayer in the past playing interlaced video (although
> recently there is a flag you can enable to fix it). I was afraid Myth
> frontend might suffer from the same problems because it used the
> OpenMax API. That is good to know it is working.

I am not seeing any field syncing issues with 1080i output.

Bear in mind that I have now turned off all software and hardware deinterlacing in mythtv. I am letting the TV do all the hard work of deinterlacing and it looks good.  I was using Advanced(HW) as primary and one field as secondary interlacing, and occasionally saw weirdness when watching 1080i. When I noticed it was when someone would blink their eyes, and it looked weird! With TV doing the deinterlacing, I don’t see that.

Regards!