[mythtv-users] New Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:29:05 UTC 2016

On 16-03-12 11:54 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> In audio setup try one of these
>> ALSA:sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
>> or
>> ALSA:default
>
> any audio device other than openmax:hdmi emits digi-noise:-\ and
> numerous channels have audio dropouts or no sound at all...
>
> and the video windows remain offset, with the added feature of the gui
> shrunk on the right:-\ pix @
> http://airdrummer.dontexist.org/stuff/rpi-myth-byAmile/
>
> my tv is 4k, perhaps that has some bearing on this...

By running mythfrontend or startx using "sudo" it is possible that some
file ownerships or permissions have been incorrectly changed or set.

If possible, I suggest starting over with a new install of Raspian
Jessie on your microSD card and then proceeding to configure and install
the mytfrontend.deb package.  Be sure NOT to use "sudo" when running
either mythfrontend or startx.

Remember the MPEG-2 license and to set gpu_mem to 256 MB and .

Curtis