[mythtv-users] Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:32:07 UTC 2016

On 16-03-11 11:44 AM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 03/11/2016 12:50 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>> I do not see a "Multimedia" menu entry on my Raspian Jessie desktop
>> (before or after installing the .deb).
>>
>> The entries I see under "Menu" are:
>>
>> ...<snip>...
>> Sound & Video
>> ...<snip>...
>
> Try "Sound & Video"

Aha!  That is where it was.  Thanks for the tip.

On my RPi2, if I use "Sound & Video -> MythTV Frontend" to start the
frontend, it opens in a window with a title bar at the top containing
the words "MythTV Frontend".

If I do not start the desktop GUI and instead run mythfrontend using:

     startx /usr/bin/mythfrontend

then the frontend opens in full screen mode, which is the way I like it.
 :-)

I noticed you posted a new .deb file.  I will try it out and report back.

Curtis