[mythtv-users] New Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:02:51 UTC 2016

> On Mar 11, 2016, at 3:40 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> There is an updated install package that fixes the crash when resolution
> changes.
>
> Get the latest package here
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases

Greetings!

I am very impressed with the progress you have made with mythtv frontend on the Rpi, and It is working mostly very well for me on a Rpi 3 WITHOUT using the MPG2 license.

I am having 3 problems:

 one of them has been mentioned in this the previous thread, that being I have to run it using sudo.  I think there is something related to fonts since I see a bunch of errors in the log before it fails and goes to the setup screen for mythbackend connections.

2nd problem: I am having is related to audio. I am not getting any audio when playing video. I see an error  like the following:

3rd problem: When navigating through the menus to set up audio, things are flakey, and many times I have had to ‘kill’ mythfrontend and restart.  I am using QT and not Open GL or the auto setting.

I   AOBase: Opening audio device ‘hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0’ ch2(2) sr 48000 sf signed 16 bit reenc 0
E  ALSA: Requested 500000us got 341333 buffer time.

The previous version deb package you posted played audio fine on the above referenced device.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may have!