[mythtv-users] Nvidia ION unreliable HDHR Prime at gigabit speeds

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Mar 9 11:36:05 UTC 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 16:12, Douglas <dclowes1 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On 03/03/16 21:25, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>

> On 3 March 2016 at 07:59, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> are you seeing dropped packets though?
>>>

>> Yes. That was the whole point of this thread.  Really only noticeable
>> with the HDHR at gigabit speeds though, due to no retransmission and UDP.
>>

> I've made some changes which appear on the surface to have improved things
>
> <cut>
>
> $ ifconfig eth0 | grep "RX packets"
>           RX packets:31758537 errors:0 dropped:21144 overruns:0 frame:0
>
> the previous 21133 dropped packets was over 41.7GB of RX transfers
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony
>
> Or this one.
>
> I understood those 21144 dropped packets to be "driver reported".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Douglas

RX packets:36957341 errors:0 dropped:21362 overruns:0 frame:0

Not sure but I'm seeing dramatically less now only 218 in the past 6 days
during 21.9GB of RX transfers

ethtool can provide more detail although they dont seen to add up to what
is shown by ifconfig

sudo ethtool -S eth0
NIC statistics:
     tx_packets: 151768191