[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 14.04, MythWeb not working and remote front ends cannot connect

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:32:57 UTC 2016

-------- Original message --------From: Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com> Date: 8/03/2016  5:43 am  (GMT+09:30) To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Subject: [mythtv-users] Upgraded to 14.04,	MythWeb not working and remote front ends cannot connect

After successfully running Mythbuntu and Myth .27 for a few years I

decided to upgrade to 14.04 over the weekend.  I also ran all updates

by running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.  I assumed

all went well as I was able to play recordings just fine from the

front end installed on my backend when everything was finished.

The next day, I went to use my front end connected to my TV and I

noticed there was no channel art.  I didn't think much of it and

picked a recording to play and noticed the playback was very choppy in

terms of audio and video.  I figured I would try a classic reboot as a

first shot.  Upon reboot, I could no longer connect to the backend as

it was running through the frontend setup repeatedly.  I did initial

troubleshooting on the front end (multiple reboots, etc.) and then

realized I could not navigate to MythWeb on my phone.

I went back to my backend tried a few things, made sure the IP address

didn't change (how could it have if I was playing recordings, right?).

I also could not navigate to MythWeb on the backend either, including

using my IP address and local host (127.0.0.1).  However, I am still

able to view and play recordings perfectly (no choppiness or lag

whatsoever) on the front end running on my backend server.  A reboot

didn't fix the issue, and there are no more updates for the system.

Another piece of evidence; upon trying to browse MythWeb I immediately

receive a refused/rejected notice in my browser.  It does not hang.

I am at a loss at this point.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

There have been recent reports of updates changing the mysql bind address. I would start there for now.