[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 - MythFrontend Setup Tutorial

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 14:53:19 UTC 2016

Curtis Gedak wrote:
> On 16-03-05 07:18 PM, airdrummer wrote:
>> i tried a different
>> tar(http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-v0.27.5-115-g00c0993-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2)
>> and i was able to get thru the setup displaying thru xwin, but running
>> thru hdmi, i get gross overscan, then trying to view live tv gives this:
>>
>> got any suggestions?
>
> Do you experience similar problems watching recordings as opposed to
> Live TV?

haven't even gotten that far: the gui is unusable, even if i were to start live
or recording playback...

> You might investigate additional /boot/config.txt paramaters to address
> overscan.  In the tutorial I used the following values to address this
> issue on a 42" LG LCD TV.
>
> hdmi_drive=2 # Normal HDMI mode (Sound will be sent if supported and
> enabled)
> hdmi_group=2 # DMT
> hdmi_mode=39 # 1360x768 60 Hz

i'm using cea:

osmc at rpi-osmc:~$ /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -m CEA
Group CEA has 9 modes:
            mode 1: 640x480 @ 60Hz 4:3, clock:25MHz progressive
            mode 2: 720x480 @ 60Hz 4:3, clock:27MHz progressive
            mode 3: 720x480 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:27MHz progressive
            mode 4: 1280x720 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive
            mode 5: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz interlaced
            mode 6: 720x480 @ 60Hz 4:3, clock:27MHz x2 interlaced
            mode 7: 720x480 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:27MHz x2 interlaced
   (native) mode 16: 1920x1080 @ 60Hz 16:9, clock:148MHz progressive
            mode 32: 1920x1080 @ 24Hz 16:9, clock:74MHz progressive

so 1/16...the same problem exists on osmc, but it has a nice overscan gui:
upper-left/lower-right corners can be grabbed & dragged back onscreen
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitts's_law;-)

> http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend#vdebps

thanx, but that's what i've been using as reference