[mythtv-users] anybody have experience with the WinTV-HVR-1975 on linux yet ?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:28:46 UTC 2016

On 16-03-06 11:18 AM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> If you mean, as in "free"/"in kernel" drivers, the (usually)
>>> definitive answer can be found on the linuxtv.org site.
>>> Alternatively, I suspect that it works fine when using
>>> Hauppauge's NDA Linux drivers (which likely have a
>>> price associated with licensing them).
>>

>> I can't seem to find any hardware related parts on the video4linux
>> site, and since my googling did not give a definitive answer.
>> Could you provide a link to the part of the website that describes the
>> compatible hardware ?
>>
>> If anybody does have experience with the hauppauge wintv-hvr-1975
>> please do share.
>>

> On the left, the wiki link is called "V4L-DVB". The pdf you linked to
> mentions the retail version is the HVR-1950 (newer version is the HVR-1955):
>
> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1950

>From the Hauppauge web site it looks like you can download linux drivers
for Ubuntu 14.04.2 with kernel 3.16.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html

They also appear to have updated or kernel included patches for newer
versions of Ubuntu.

As far as I can tell, you do not need to sign an Non-Disclosure
Agreement, and can instead directly download and use the drivers.

Curtis