[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 - MythFrontend Setup Tutorial

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:03:28 UTC 2016

On 16-03-06 09:02 AM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 03/05/2016 09:18 PM, airdrummer wrote:
>> i tried a different
>> tar(http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv-v0.27.5-115-g00c0993-RPI2-jessie.tar.bz2)
>> and i was able to get thru the setup displaying thru xwin, but running
>> thru hdmi, i get gross overscan, then trying to view live tv gives this:
>>
>> got any suggestions?
>>
> What operating system are you using? Are you on Jessie? It will not work
> on wheezy.

Lawrence created tarballs for both Wheezy and Jessie.  The tutorial I
wrote only covers Jessie.

For Wheezy, a different tarball is needed.  More details are contained
in the [mythtv_for_rpi.txt][1] file.

[1] http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv_for_rpi.txt

> I am working on a build that runs like the normal mythtv without extra
> libraries and command line overrides. I can send you a link if you are
> interested. It is still a work in progress but it is usable.

Peter, I am interested to try your build of MythFrontend.  Especially if
it supports MythTV 0.27.x because there are several MythBackend servers
in my family running this version.

Curtis