[mythtv-users] auto-transcode jobs not getting queued

Noah Beck noah.b.beck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:53:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm using mythtv-0.27.5-2 on a Fedora Core 22 install. I've recently
obtained an hdhomerun, but it's not the model that transcodes to h.264.
After looking at file sizes, I realized I do want things transcoded to
h.264, so I developed a perl script to call ffmpeg to do the transcoding.
I have it set up to run instead of the default "mythtranscode" job rather
than as one of the four user jobs,

This all works fine when I use mythWeb to select an already-recorded
program, and hit the "transcode" button that appears there.  I see the job
get queued, I see it running, and I see successful completion of the job.
I can select multiple already-recorded programs, and I see them go into the
job queue and complete one at a time (since I have the limit set to 1 job
at a time on the backend).  But if I check the "Auto-transcode" option in a
recording schedule on MythWeb, no job gets queued when a recording
finishes.  Checking the corresponding boxes for metadata lookup or
commercial flagging seems to queue up those jobs with no problem.

Any thoughts as to what might cause the transcode job not to get added to
the job queue when auto-transcode is set for a recording schedule?

Noah