[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 14.04: Problem after kernel upgrade

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 00:24:21 UTC 2016

Hoi Grzegorz,

> Hi,

> Thank you for your response.

> @Hika: I do not use non-standard kernel build, just "normal",
> installed (or actually upgraded) from the official Mythbuntu
> (Ubuntu) repo. I would have to rebuild it myself which does not
> sound like the best solution. My question is why it has recently
> changed and if anyone else encountered similar issue with other
> drivers? I bet if this is the problem it must have affected large
> number of Mythbuntu users since DVBT cards usually require drivers
> from outside standard Linux mainline.

I always build my own kernels and it's not so difficult. While testing
though you should leave the old kernel in your bootmenu! It has the
added advantage you can build most needed modules into the kernel and
leaving everything not needed out (also as module) no need to
blacklist anything, just do not compile it. And the system should be
faster as you can make it fully processor specific.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop