[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 04:37:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> Could it be temperature related?  I know there were some hardware revisions
> related to heat on these.  Mine are all running with the covers removed and
> good air circulation.

Excellent point.  Hauppauge and heat is a "well known" issue.
While I no longer have any Hauppage devices, all the ones I
did own (both internal and external) had heat related failure
modes (often "random" stuff).  But as all of my Hauppauge
devices were designed before (about) 2007 I had no personal
experience of the HD-PVR.  Good to see that Hauppauge
has maintained their tradition (of being heat challenged)