[mythtv-users] Cheap HDMI capture

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:13:25 UTC 2016

On 28/06/16 20:31, Mitch Capper wrote:
> I wouldn't suggest bridging the networks, and if each was isolated I am
> not sure what collision you would run into.

The collision is on the host (i.e. the backend). It typically can only
accept one interface as being the "upstream" of multicast streams, not
multiple-ones. Particularly if multiple streams (whether on multiple
NICs or otherwise) send to the same multicast address.

But David Madsen's comments suggest that this problem is circumventable:
DHCP, then some curl wizardry to set a unicast IP address as the
destination and we should be in business.