[mythtv-users] UK migration to SD

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Jun 25 18:46:22 UTC 2016

On 22/06/16 19:07, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Since I have just rescanned my transports - an unbelievably
> complicated and soul-destroying process - I cannot use the code at the
> bottom of:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_SchedulesDirect_in_the_UK
>
> Reason: I no longer have any of the old IDs.
>
> I can find no way to associate the 5-digit SD xmltvids with the
> channel names, which is all I have left.
>
> I am sure that on the old tv_grab_uk_rt script there was a way to dump
> out the correspondances but there doesn't appear to be that option in
> tv_grab_sd_json. Sorry, Robert (E).
>
> I should probably post this to the SD forums, except I am apparently
> too stupid to defeat the anti-spam question in the sign-up procedure :(

Just a heads up for anyone who has switched to SD.

There are currently no listings for Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD they are
just showing 'To Be Announced'. SD are aware of the issue
(http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2812) and are
working to get it fixed.

For the time being the best you can do is set up a manual recording for
anything you want to record on CH5/CH5HD.

Paul H.