[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Jun 23 13:24:00 UTC 2016

> > Just cut the female ends of the molex splitter off, and solder or crimp
> > the red wire of the pigtail to a yellow wire (12v) on the splitter, and
> > the black wire of the pigtail to one of the black wires on the splitter.
> >  kinda like this: http://i.imgur.com/2NOiiJY.png.  You can add some lamp
> > cord or speaker wire in between if you need some length.
> >
> > If I remember correctly the HDPVR uses about 2A at 12V, so about 24
> > watts max... assuming you have a decent power supply in you myth server,
> > it should be able to power a couple of them safely.
>

> Hmm, I'm quite certain that the HD-PVR uses 5v (red) instead of 12v.
> Wiring in the above manner would certainly fry the unit, I'd think!

Thank you.  I typed this without double checking... I thought it was my
STBs that were 5V (I use both 5V and 12V in my setup)

 FOR THE HDPVR USE THE RED WIRES (5V) ON THE MOLEX SPLITTER TO THE RED
WIRES OF THE BARREL PLUGS.

Or you can order these:
http://www.moddiy.com/products/Molex-4%252dPin-to-Gridseed-Power-Plug-(2.1mm-DC-Barrel-Plug).html