[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed Jun 22 23:51:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016, 6:18 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been using a modified version of said script, but I'm now noticing
> > that the HD-PVR is occasionally getting stuck with the recording light
> > on, though nothing is being recorded.   Looking at dmesg shows this,
> > which may have happened around the same time of it getting stuck:
> >
> > [290135.351133] hdpvr 1-2:1.0: device video0 disconnected
>
> Just because I am paranoid about power, when was the last
> time you replaced your HD-PVR power adapter?

I have heard so many horror stories about power supplies on the hdpvr that
i took drastic action when I switched to fiber from cable.

My 4 hdpvr and 4 STBs all run off a single ATX power supply. No power
glitches for me.  Wasn't hard to put together, and it's rock solid, and
likely more efficient than 8 wall warts would have been.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in with a possible solution, if it is indeed a
power problem.