[mythtv-users] transcode mp4 to mythtv playback capable file

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Wed Jun 22 08:55:52 UTC 2016

 ---- On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:33:42 +0100 Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote ---- 
 > On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
 > On 20/06/16 16:35, Tim Draper wrote:
 >   I have a number of mp4 files screengrabbed by nvidia shadowplay on a windows machine but cannot get my FE to play them.
 >  Doing a search i've seen a number of half-information threads on using VLC/external mythtv players, but you cant use SG's with them.Ssome have wrote scripts etc to replace the SG with a fileshare path.
 >  seems a bit long winded and i dont have a file share to the mythtv storage folders so would mean a lot of work.
 >  has anyone gone the transcode path? ffmpeg would be ideal since it's all setup on my BE.
 >  My other problem is i've already tried a few transcode jobs - h264&mp3 audio, h264&aac, mpeg2 and i keep coming back to "file cannot be played". vlc codec info on the file sugests the video and audio codecs are identical between these converted mp4 and some other mkv's i have that do work fine. VLC also plays the converted mp4's fine too. I'm obviously missing something specific to mythtv playback.
 >  Any help?
 >  Not specifically shadowplay related, but have you tried
 >  mythffmpeg -i infile -vcodec copy -acodec copy outfile.mkv  ?
 > This is exactly what I do with MP4 files now and it works 99% of the time. For the other 1% I haven't had much motivation or need to figure out why.
 > Tom _______________________________________________ 
 > mythtv-users mailing list 
 > mythtv-users at mythtv.org 
 > http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users 
 > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette 
 > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org 
ahh... "mythffmpeg". i've been using ffmpeg with similar switches (i tried a few, non worked)
I'll play the test file i've just created tonight and see if it works.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list