[mythtv-users] HDMI – no audio GT210

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:54:04 UTC 2016

Hi Nick!

Thanks for reply!

> When setting up an old Geforce 210 a few years ago (on Debian, fwiw)
> the card's HDMI output was muted by default and unmuting it in a mixer
> application got it working.
>
> Not saying it will work for you, but it's worth a try. Sometimes it's
> the simple things...

I'm figuring I'm overlooking something simple! :)   Appears nothing is
muted -- OO vs. MM.  Did find something which doesn't quite seem to make
sense to my semi-newbie mind: in alsamixer  > F2 (System Information)
> /proc/asound/oss/devices  this shows nothing.  Well, that might not be
a problem as 'snooped' on this system (nothing to do with the Mythbuntu
system) and it's blank too.  (Another empty lead! Was thinking maybe had
something to do with not seeing 'Sound' in System Manager.)