[mythtv-users] end of NTSC cable, TWC/Comcast merger--what it means for me

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Tue Jun 14 14:44:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Mike Chinander wrote:

> I live in a Comcast-dominated market (Chicago) and was confused by your
> mention of a merger. TWC hasn't merged with Comcast, but with Charter
> Communications instead. Comcast's copy-protection standards are indeed
> relatively Myth-friendly but that seems irrelevant to your situation.

Thank you for that clarification, Mike. And apologies to the list for any
confusion I have introduced. I should have double-checked the letter prior
to making my posting to ensure I was not mixing up cable providers. So, if
still possible, all mentions in my initial post of Comcast should be read
as Charter. I hope I might, despite my oversight, still be able to get
some helpful feedback. For example, how do Charter's copy-protection
standards compare to TWC's/Comcast's?