[mythtv-users] Running SD JSON grabber on separate system to MythTV backend

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Thu Jun 9 16:09:02 UTC 2016

Am 08.06.2016 um 15:02 schrieb Simon Hobson:
> Not sure whether this is MythTV or XMLTV list material - or both !
>
> OK, so I'm going through the process of switching from the UK RT grabber to Schedules Direct. As my Myth system is rather old (0.24.1 on Debian Squeeze) I'm not even going to try and get the up to date dependencies sorted on that. So for the time being I've setup a small VM on my laptop running Wheezy and have pulled in the later PERL version from Jessie. The SD JSON grabber is installed and appears to pull down sensible data - but the next step is a bit grey for me.
>
> What do I need to do next ?
> Is it best to transfer the XML file to my backend and have mythfilldatabase suck that in ? Or do I need to install some MythTV stuff on the VM and run it there ? Or something else ?

It is possible to download program data in the vm and "import" the
generated xml-file on your backend.

BUT the 'xmltvids' of your setup must match the channel-ids of the
tv_grab_sd_json grabber. Those can be edited accordingly in the channel
editor, or with the according sql-skills directly in the database.

The wiki has a specific page for that transition:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Migrating_to_Schedules_Direct_in_the_UK

(thank you to the author of the page, as the content about the
tv_grab_sd_json grabber can also be used elsewhere)