[mythtv-users] Any DVBSky 952 Users - 2nd Tuner Help?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:14:37 UTC 2016

>I have no idea if this is relevant, but changes to the DVB-S/S2 setup
>were made a few months ago and it didn't look as if many people
>took part in the testing.  Unless other ideas surface, you might have a
>look at #12495

It looks like #12495 has been committed but there is a request to post a
new bug report if another problem occurs.  I will try using the debug
options in this report and see if I can see what the problem is.

I will also try removing all cards via mythtvsetup and check that both
tuners do find channels and try to find out what causes the second one to
stop working.

>Are you sure that the drivers are in the kernel? I installed this card
>on a friend's Mythtv running Ubuntu 12.04. To get this card working I
>had to install the drivers manually and I have to re-compile the drivers
>on every kernel update.

Yes as sure as I can be.  Tuner 1 works really well.
Tuner 2 doesn't it may tune once in mythtvsetup but then something happens
so mythtvsetup and mythtv does not tune/lock but /dev/dvb/adapter1 (the 2nd
tuner) is still listed.

This page shows it as supported (I have upgraded to 16.04 so running kernel
4.4.0-22-generic)
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVBSKY_S952_v3

If anyone has this card working on their setup some tips would be great.

Thanks