[mythtv-users] Running SD JSON grabber on separate system to MythTV backend

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 13:02:27 UTC 2016

Not sure whether this is MythTV or XMLTV list material - or both !

OK, so I'm going through the process of switching from the UK RT grabber to Schedules Direct. As my Myth system is rather old (0.24.1 on Debian Squeeze) I'm not even going to try and get the up to date dependencies sorted on that. So for the time being I've setup a small VM on my laptop running Wheezy and have pulled in the later PERL version from Jessie. The SD JSON grabber is installed and appears to pull down sensible data - but the next step is a bit grey for me.

What do I need to do next ?
Is it best to transfer the XML file to my backend and have mythfilldatabase suck that in ? Or do I need to install some MythTV stuff on the VM and run it there ? Or something else ?

Don't forget that I'm running 0.24.1 - and I really don't have any time for upgrading for the foreseeable future.