[mythtv-users] DVB-T Hell in Sydney
stephenbcollier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 06:41:16 UTC 2016
I had this problem on 0.28 when I did a rescan in Sydney for the changed
channels. I couldn't get it to scan properly it kept missing ABC 12 and
picking up Kings Cross ABC which is a weak signal. I had to delete all
channels and rescan and then it worked as hoped. 0.28 seems to handle
deletes and rescans better and keeps the channels for old recordings
That was yesterday and I see my systems have rebuilt a new version today
so maybe its improved.
On 3/06/2016 1:27 PM, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On 3 Jun 2016 11:58 am, "Doug Scoular (dscoular)" <dscoular at cisco.com
> <mailto:dscoular at cisco.com>> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > There's been an interesting development in my 0.28 DVB-T
> drama... but
> > first let me answer some of the replies I've received.
> > mikep wrote:
> > > To mention the obvious, have you checked that the transmitter is
> > >actually working? Have there been
> > > changes in frequency allocations, transmitter power levels or maybe
> > >there is scheduled (or
> > > unscheduled) maintenance going on?
> > and perkins1724 wrote (possibly the same person):
> > >
> > > Are you sure you are on the correct transmitter? This site lists a
> > >completely different set of frequencies for Bouddi.
> > >
> > > https://ozdigitaltv.com/transmitters/NSW/32-Bouddi
> > Well, in my email my focus was really on the fact that
> external to
> > mythtv, tzap is still able to get lock on any channels that show up in a
> > scan. Prior to this I had suspected something had happened to my antenna
> > or the transmitter. That told me that at least some of the channels were
> > okay.
> > There is very little status information to be had from any
> of the digital
> > broadcasting sites I could find through google. I did stumble upon the
> > exact link you quoted above and I also noticed that the frequencies
> > were quite different to those provided in the Ubuntu 16.04
> > initial scan files for au-Newcastle. I even created my own initial
> > file with the frequencies I found... but none of them would get lock. I
> > have no clue how to determine which transmitter is actually in use other
> > than by the general direction the antenna is pointing in. However, read
> > on...
> > I then had a brain-wave, I still had my April 23rd version
> of mythbuntu
> > 14.10 and mythtv 0.27 sitting on my /dev/sda2 partition. That was
> the date
> > I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 0.28... I was super
> > at how smoothly this went at the time. Anyway, I rebooted in to 14.10
> > running 0.27 and found that all networks and all their respective
> > work! There's nothing wrong with the transmitter, antenna or the quad
> > shielded cable. Scans on 0.27 don't show Southern Cross Ten or Seven
> > but tzap will happily get lock on all of them as will mythtv 0.27.
> > I cannot just revert back to my April 23rd 0.27 as there
> have been way
> > too many episodes of Masterchef recorded :^) and I assume my database
> > schema evolved somewhat when going from 0.27 to 0.28.
> > 0.28 *was* working perfectly on all channels till the end of
> > Something, maybe through an auto-update, changed and suddenly 0.28
> > couldn't tune to any channels (and tzap could only tune to a limited
> > subset even when using old channels.conf files).
> > My plan is to reboot in to 0.27, export my channel and
> > tables and reboot back into 0.28. I'll backup my 0.28 mythconverg
> > database. Delete all 0.28 channels, try a rescan (no doubt losing Seven,
> > Southern Cross Ten, and possibly, ABC in the process) and see if mythtv
> > 0.28 is able to get lock again. If that succeeds I'll try hand
> merging my
> > other 0.27 channel and dtv_multiplex tables back in.
> > The worrying aspect is the fact that tzap under 14.10 can
> tune to all
> > channels but under 16.04 it could only tune to channels that had
> shown up
> > in a scan. It's a real puzzler. I'm also surprised that under 14.10 and
> > 0.27 I can get lock on channels via tzap that do not show up in a scan.
> > I'll try and update this thread when I can make a comparison
> of the 0.27
> > dtv_multiplex/channel tables and the 0.28 ones currently buggered.
> > Again, any thoughts or insight as to why this might of
> happened much
> > appreciated.
> Not sure if this helps but I'm in Sydney and I did update mythtv (on
> mythbuntu 14.04 though) from 0.27 to 0.28 about a month ago and I can
> confirm that all channels work properly for me as they did on 0.27.
> Tuning&recording all good here.
> > Cheers,
> > Doug
> > "The big print giveth and the small print taketh away..."
> > _______________________________________________
> > mythtv-users mailing list
> > mythtv-users at mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> > http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users