[mythtv-users] interfacing MythTV with a DTA, lirc queries

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Sat Jul 23 21:33:47 UTC 2016

The forum thread "Record from Cisco DTA 271HD - how to tune to channel 3?"
dating to January of this year, seems to offer clarification on my
questions regarding recording, using MythTV, SD from the "to tv" coaxial
jack on the DTA I am experimenting with. The initiator of that thread is
actually the author of the wiki article on the DTA 271HD, a link to which
I posted earlier. As he makes clear in a concluding entry in the
referenced thread, he was able to configure his MythTV system to record SD
from this DTA.

One of my remaining questions regarding this DTA concerns the 3.5 mm jack
on the back labeled "ir in." From what I so far gather, this is included
to provide a means for Tivo systems to interface with the DTA by wire
rather than by sending IR signals. Is there some way a MythTV system can
interface with the device by wire using that 3.5 mm port? (see
https://www.amazon.com/TiVo-Cable-Direct-Connect-Control/dp/B00VQWYNB8 for
an example of a cable that is meant to connect a Tivo system with the DTA)