[mythtv-users] Trying to watch livetv on 0.28 is starting on an invalid channel

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jul 18 15:16:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 09:40 -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:

> I can't comment on how the wrong channel ID got set as the default,

I can.  It's exactly as I described.  LiveTV on a given FE was used and
it was watching a digital channel on a digital tuner.  LiveTV was
exited and that channel was saved into the DefaultChanid row of the
settings table for that FE.  The digital tuner was then deleted and the
digital channel that was saved in DefaultChanid was no longer valid as
there was no tuner that could tune it.

> Run mythtv-setup and it's there in the Input Connections settings,
> under
> Starting Channel.

No.  This does not work, as I believe I have stated previously.  I
specifically tried this and it does NOT affect the channel that LiveTV
tries to start on.  The DefaultChanid setting in the settings table in
the database does.

Cheers,
b.