[mythtv-users] Trying to watch livetv on 0.28 is starting on an invalid channel

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jul 18 14:01:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-07-18 at 15:42 +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Brian,

Hi,

> It does remember the last channel set,

Yes.  It does.  But this is a problem when you watch tv on a digital
tuner (for example) and then remove the digital tuner and then try to
watch tv with an analog tuner.  The digital channel that was remembered
as the last channel is no longer valid and live tv doesn't give you an
opportunity to choose a new valid channel.  It just bails out.

>  which obviously was before your
> upgrade.

The upgrade actually has nothing to do with it.  It was simply the
removal of a tuner which then makes channels that were previously
valid, no longer valid.  This is a totally possible and even probable
use-case.

> Possibly changing the start channel on all your tuners would do it?

Nope.  As I mentioned in the follow-up message, one has to do surgery
directly on the database.  :-(

b.