[mythtv-users] Trying to watch livetv on 0.28 is starting on an invalid channel

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jul 18 13:05:42 UTC 2016

So I updated to 0.28-fixes (04650e0).  Most things seem to be working
but when I try to watch LiveTV it seems like myth is trying to tune to
an channel that is invalid for the input/source:

Jul 18 08:56:07 pvr mythbackend: mythbackend[14530]: E TVRecEvent channelutil.cpp:1889 (GetChannelData) GetChannelData() failed because it could not#012#011#011#011find channel number '93-62351' in DB for source '3'.

That tuner (11) isn't even a digital tuner.  It's analog.  The starting
channel in mythtv-setup for that tuner in Input Connections is a valid
analog channel (3) so I can't imagine why mythtv is trying to start it
with a different, invalid channel for that tuner.

Of course LiveTV fails to start at that point with no way to select a
valid channel.  That seems like a bug in itself.  Even if the starting
channel is invalid it would be useful to stop and ask the user which
channel to tune rather than failing to start at all and leaving the
repair up to (presumably) being a database edit.

Ideas?

Cheers,
b.