[mythtv-users] Problem with LIRC after upgrade to Fedora 24

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Jul 17 20:26:09 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If I run ir-keytable, it does not see the keypresses. I can see the light
>> flashing on the USB receiver, but ir-keytable doesn't report anything:
>>

> This means that your kernel doesn't support your remote.  So, using lircd
> + the default driver is probably your best bet (which means driver=default,
> device=/dev/lirc0 in lirc_options.conf).

Well, actually it does. If I go back and re-enable all the protocols in
/sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols, now ir-keytable sees the keypresses. However,
if after this I try to use the devinput driver in lirc_options.conf, then
irw and mythfrontend see nothing.

> You might want  to look into lirc's repeat suppression. See e. g. [1]. the
> 'repeat' parameter.

I tried setting "repeat = 1" for every key in my lircrc file, but I still
get the bounces in Myth.

> However, it's strange that this happens only after this update.

Yes. It's possible that either a newer version of one of the software
components involved is responsible, or one of the updates overwrote a
config file somewhere. RPM updates are usually scrupulous about not
overwriting config files that I've modified, or at least creating a
.rpmsave file, but it's conceivable that someone could have made a
packaging mistake to silently overwrite something.

--Greg