[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 04:38:32 UTC 2016

On 07/16/2016 09:23 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:

> [...]

The password was the first thing I fixed in the process of restoring the database.

$ mysql -umythtv -pb0RhwvPj -e "select * from mythconverg.settings where value='BackendServerIP'"
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
+-----------------+--------------+------------+
| value           | data         | hostname   |
+-----------------+--------------+------------+
| BackendServerIP | 192.168.63.3 | Compromise |
| BackendServerIP | 192.168.63.3 | Compromise |
+-----------------+--------------+------------+

$ netstat -peanut | grep 3306
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:3306          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      123        18287       -

$ cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf
#
# The MySQL database server configuration file.
#
# You can copy this to one of:
# - "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" to set global options,
# - "~/.my.cnf" to set user-specific options.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with
# --print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.
#
# For explanations see
# http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-system-variables.html

#
# * IMPORTANT: Additional settings that can override those from this file!
#   The files must end with '.cnf', otherwise they'll be ignored.
#

!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
!includedir /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/

$ cat /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mythtv.cnf
[mysqld]
#bind-address=::
max_connections=100

Should that bind-address be something other that "::"?